General Automotive Mechanic
St. Bede is looking to hire an Automotive Technician / Auto Mechanic to service our fleet of small buses, cars, lawn mowers and tractors. This position requires an individual who is dependable, persistence, motivated, energetic, and a problem-solver who can work independently while being a team player.
- 2+ years of automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving, and repair experience
- At least one ASE certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of general maintenance services including oil changes, inspections etc.
- Experience with brakes, suspension, engine diagnostics, and alignments
- Boiler pump and chemical knowledge a plus
- Customer/Safety-focused attitude
- Keeps equipment safe and available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventative maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, replacing filters
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints, conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical system malfunctions; replacing parts and components
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing routine preventative maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
St. Bede offers compensation commensurate with experience, benefits (medical/dental/life ins), paid holidays, paid vacation and retirement plan. Apply at www.st-bede.com or in the Business Office.